i like...

a strong man in every sense of the word. I want my man to truly be a man, to take care of his own, home, and take the garbage out lol. I want him to have a strong sense of love, respect, family and loyalty. Its also important he have a strong sense of self. And a man I can break down and say whatever I want to…not a good look. I need a man that demands respect as much as I do.

Honestly, there were a lot of players I didn’t list in my “roster” a few posts back, but what I learned from one, we’ll call him The Infant, is that, I don’t want to raise you. I have a 3 year old to raise, I don’t have time to do what your mama should have done already. When I say I want a G.A.M., I mean I need you to know who you are already, there’s a certain way I need you to carry yourself, and carry on conversations. I need your mentality to be that of a man who has lived and through an intelligent process of elimination has decided who he will be and how he will live his life. And definitely if getting the latest pair of Jordans is at the top of your "to do" list, you need not apply here. I want a man that is able to expose me and teach me things, not always vice versa. Or let’s learn together. Homeboy is not expected to know everything, but sweetie, the fundamentals need to be learned, absorbed, and executed.

I don’t want a man to love me and deal with my shit because he’s insecure or afraid no one else will come along, because he's just complacent and comfortable, or thinks that maybe I’m a good look for him or some other bullshit ass reason other than the one that truly matters and counts the most, . I need my man to be a rock, as I will be his, but he needs to be able to head a household if necessary. I need to be able to trust that I can follow his lead and he should be able to do the same.

As much as I want love and to be in a relationship, I want someone to love me for exactly who I am. I want to know that if I fuck up, that yeah, there’s a good chance he may leave and vice versa, and because we want to keep, maintain and nourish our love, we’ll do what it takes to stay together. I want someone whose love I will have to work for because he’ll damn sure have to work for mine. Anything worth having is worth fighting for; and I’m not talking about the foolish fighting we do to keep someone who is all wrong with us. I’m talking about the love that’s worth it, that hits a rough patch, and maybe communication is not the greatest, and maybe circumstances change, and money is scarce, and bills aren’t paid, and we’re frustrated, but we got each other, but you get on my fucking nerves, but we’ll get through this together and be all the better for it type of love. Not you whooped my ass AND your baby mother keeps calling here, I told that bitch to stop calling my house…type of love lol

end rant.

2 Responses to "i like..." (Leave A Comment)

yummy411 says
July 9, 2008 at 12:52 PM

omg i love! you said it so well! i'm feeling you!

Seymone says
July 10, 2008 at 3:55 PM

Preach sister.. Wonderful post. This should be in Hil Harpers book for young men. Well written