There's a little truth in everything ; )

...an old story... its LONG


He stood about a foot taller than everyone else in the crowd. Not sure if that was his 6'3'' frame or my eyes directing me to exactly what I had been looking for. I'd eyeballed him all night, watched how he nodded his head a little to the right then a little to the center with a swagger I've only known Jay-Z to possess. It didn't hurt that his track jacket was my favorite color, and a Brooklyn boy with a Yankees fitted can do no wrong. Yeah, I could tell he was from Brooklyn. Sat there for another few minutes, contemplating how I could get to know him. Definitely not the type of chick to just approach a guy out of the blue, maybe I should be though. Something to think about later.

Finally watched my partner in crime who was working the room the way only she could, give him a familiar pat on the arm and smile. JACKPOT! She knows him. Watched their interaction for a few minutes longer to be sure when I made my approach, I wasn't stepping on any toes. Nope. Everything was friendly and cordial on both ends. It was time for me to slide over.

Cut to our next encounter. At Bed, a nice little rooftop spot, and most definitely the appropriate setting for the thoughts running rampant in my brain. Knew he'd be there when I RSVP'd (just a hunch), and spotted him as soon as we waked in. Ran thru the routine, said hello to a bunch of peoples, exchanged hugs and kisses, snapped a few pics. Ran up on him. He was looking through me. Exchanged information that night on the strength of "networking", but we both knew exactly what it was.

Verbal conversations were few and far between, but the virtual ones were long, most times stimulating (aside from his face, I loved the things he had and planned to accomplish at work) and pregnant with innuendos and ambiguous statements. Neither of us wanting to put ourselves "out there" first, but clearly enjoying each others intellect and wit.

I was digging him, but generally try to stay away from industry dudes (that 'nother notch on the belt stigma does not sit well with me), so I was mildly torn. But at another event we were both attending we agreed that we needed to get some time in. Some real time. Not via Blackberries or over loud music at some random event pretending to just be cordial or discussing a potential work partnership.

So we did dinner. A nice dinner. Made eyes and flirted across the table, laughed loudly, great conversation, great food, great company. So great, I was beginning to wonder if we were placing ourselves in the "just friends" category. That's how cool it was. How cool he was. But the kiss that ended the night ignited some shit I hadn't felt in months (maybe even a year) and singed any thoughts of "just friendship". Went to bed with thee biggest smile on my face, couldn't sleep though.

Via email a few weeks later asked what I was up to. Playing hooky from work, light shopping on 34th (was out of underwear, and laundry was nowhere near the near future).

My office is on 33rd, come through.

Had to consider this real hard. Didn't exactly have on what I would have chosen to wear if I knew I would be seeing him. But didn't want to pass on the opportunity either. Ran my fingers thru my bangs and thought fuck it as I headed towards his building.

Gave my name and ID to the security guard, got a pass and pressed 17 in the elevator. He was standing by the receptionist desk yucking it up with a chick whose top cut way too low for her to be at work.

Cut to his office. His phone was ringing and Blackberry vibrating when we walked in. He grabbed the berry and picked up the phone simultaneously. Jay Strong* he answered fingering the berry.

A second later he put the Blackberry down and motioned for me to close the door. Finished up his call and said "What up miss?"

"Clearly you are" I replied.

He just shook his head and put his forehead in his hand.

"Tired? I asked"

"Yea, it’s been a long day. …need a hug."

Gladly obliged.

I walked towards him as he stood up. Stood on my tippy toes and reached my arms around his neck. He just stood there and looked at me. Was thinking about how sexy his eyes and lips were just as he verbalized the same things to me. That made me blush.

I looked down; he lifted my face upward with his pointer. Reached his arms around my waist and pulled me to him. I placed mine where they felt they belonged, around his neck. Still holding me, he pulled back and kissed my nose. By that time if I tried to move I definitely would have tripped and busted my face on his desk, I could have sworn I felt my panties trickle down, forming a puddle around my ankles.

With everything he said he looked right into my eyes. A chick with a weaker mind would have been gone. I was barely holding on. I stared back into his feeling like I was earning stripes for being bold, because God knows I had to force myself to do so. We chit chatted and bull-shitted, he took calls, I played with my Blackberry. I took calls, he played with his. Before long it was close to 7. People were beginning to make their exit, and the office was becoming more and more deserted.

I excused myself and went to the ladies room, only to return to him on the phone. I had never seen the sun set behind the Empire State Building, his floor to ceiling windows provided a beautiful frame. I leaned in and bent over to get the bird’s eye view of the hustle and bustle of rush hour as New Yorkers glistened with that thin sheen that lays on your face but never falls, part perspiration part dirt, only to be found on the NYC subways platforms (The reason I excused myself to the ladies’). I took that opportunity to take in the view rather than be a part of it.

He told the person on the phone his view had just gotten better. I laughed. Wished we were at home, him in his boxers so I could slide out of my dress and sit on it. Shook that thought out of my head. He asked what's wrong. "Not a thing," I said.

I smiled but kept my eyes on the view below. I suspect he did the same.

I heard the phone receiver enter the cradle.

Felt a tug from behind. He pulled me right into his lap. Said he was hungry. But, we would never make it to dinner that night. Started talking more. Talking turned into flirting. Flirting turned into challenges and promises. Challenges and promises turned into words made good. Words made good turned into my hand prints streaked on that perfect picture of glistening New Yorkers. Don't know when he entered, but quite sure of when I came. Enjoying my view of the sunset behind the Empire State Building that much more.

*Did you really think I would tell you his name??

3 Responses to "There's a little truth in everything ; )" (Leave A Comment)

kit von b. says
February 28, 2008 at 1:50 AM

very cute story...well, cute turned into sexy really fast...so i'm guesing there's gonna be a part 2?

-karrie b.

Sass says
February 29, 2008 at 10:33 AM

part 2?? was that not long enough.
hopefully part 2 will come aloong and i'll be able to blog about it.

Sherece says
February 29, 2008 at 11:49 PM

um um um. Tola told me Ms Sassy is BACK!!!!
I'm waiting for Part 2 also. =)

I'm at http://recespiece.com now. Come and check me!