PackRat-ism

I suffer from a disorder disorder self diagnosed and named PackRat-ism. I want to keep everything, I always might need it later. But then, being a person who likes to spring clean year round, I have random moments of purging brought on by random incidents in my world. Sometimes these purges include items or people in my home, mind, or heart. This time around it will be items in my home. I can't take it anymore! I have way too much shit! This is no way for someone to live. Shit stacked and packed everywhere it seems. Dresser and desk draws filled to the brim with things I rarely wear, look at, or use. I won't even discuss my closet. By no means do I keep a nasty house but there is stuff in every corner of every room and I just need a light and airy space. It would make my brain feel better, especially at this moment. I need order.
Of course this need for order in the home only arises when disorder or the fear of disorder is on the rise elsewhere, and I feel it definitely is. Either way, its a good time for me to get all the elements of my life in order.
So on my wish list below is a big 2 bedroom apartment. Well I need to get rid of the "baggage" from this apartment so my new apartment is less "cluttered", I'm speaking literally and figuratively at this point.
My prayer at this point since I've been working on focusing and streamlining is that God has direction for me (which I'm sure He does) and will reveal that direction so I know which way I'm moving. That's all I can ask.

2 Responses to "PackRat-ism" (Leave A Comment)

kit von b. says
February 27, 2008 at 12:29 PM

omgggggggg i have this problem too. the other day i found all kinds of worksheets and notes from like 9th grade? hell are we holding onto sass?

-karrie b.

Sass says
February 27, 2008 at 3:59 PM

oh yeah, you're as bad as i am..i had 9th grade test papers, random notes...all kinds of ish! smh Definitely trying to not to hold on to so many things anymore...I'm super sentimental. BUMP all that!